Just a last minute reminder, if you or your JHSC committee members have not yet signed up for CUPE’s H&S webinar regarding COVID 19. The English session is tomorrow and the French session is on Monday – these are quick 1 hour sessions that will provide a great deal of information.
The purpose of this webinar is “connecting the dots” of the COVID-19 hazards with fundamental health and safety principles, as well as the rights, powers, and duties under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
In hopes of providing you with a sense of renewed confidence, leaving you to continue to do the meaningful work in your workplaces at the committee and representative level and providing support to your members during these unprecedented times.
Topics that will be discussed:
- What is the Internal Responsibility System?
- What are the duties of an employer, a supervisor, and a worker under the OHSA?
- What are the functions, rights, and powers of a health and safety representative and a committee
- What is meant by due diligence?
- How to control hazards?
- What controls should be in place for COVID-19?
SCHOOL BOARDS AND UNIVERSITIES
May 14, 2020 4:00pm - 5:00pm
FRENCH WEBINAR FOR ALL SECTORS
May 18, 2020 4:00pm - 5:00pm